WIND ENERGY TRANSMISSION TEXAS
The Compliance Analyst position reports to the Compliance Manager and is responsible for Wind Energy Transmission Texas, LLC (WETT) compliance with North American Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC) / (Federal Energy Regulatory Commission) FERC Standards/Regulations and Electric Reliability Council of Texas (ERCOT) Protocols and Operations Guidelines. This position is required to maintain a compliance program for monitoring and documenting WETT's compliance evidence and procedures. The Compliance Analyst is responsible for reviewing, evaluating and reporting WETT's compliance with NERC/FERC and ERCOT regulatory requirements. The duties are based on project/program specific needs identified by the Compliance Manager and include the identification of compliance issues and concerns as well as potential mitigation plans. The position advances the “culture of compliance” throughout the organization and is responsible for the items listed below.
· Support a compliance management system for WETT that aligns itself with the compliance program established by the Compliance Manager and approved by the Board of Directors.
· Support the Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP) work plan required to comply with NERC’s CIP Standards and assist the Technology department with evidence for compliance.
· Support Operations, Engineering, and Planning departments with compliance knowledge in evidence and procedures to support the NERC Requirements.
· Maintain expert knowledge and assist in the interpretation of regulations such as NERC Standards and ERCOT Protocols and Operating Guides that form the basis for the NERC and ERCOT Compliance Programs, as well as stay informed about the utility industry trends and practices.
· Revise standards, procedures, guidelines, and reports to maintain compliance measures that will affect the overall operation of WETT transmission assets.
· Investigate pertinent practices and recordkeeping of the functions within WETT departments. Ensure that these practices are adhering to both the compliance program and the document management system.
· Facilitate the development, review, and implementation of remedial actions to resolve non-compliance issues and follow up on corrective action plans.
· Participate in investigation of the operational incidents which may lead to reportable events, perform sequence of event review, analysis of recorders and logs to perform root cause analysis to develop recommendations and corrective actions to prevent future occurrences.
· Participate in compliance reviews to assess WETT compliance with FERC/NERC standards and ERCOT Protocols and Operating Guides.
· Represent WETT at meetings of the TRE, ERCOT, NERC and PUCT and provide summaries of the proceedings.
· Assist in determining employee training needs, as well as assist WETT management in development and delivery of training courses.
· Participate in overall system safety reviews and training as requested, and
· Perform other duties as assigned.
Experience and Qualifications:
· A Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Business or equivalent industry experience in a related field is required.
· 2-5 years of work experience with an electric utility, independent system operator, generator, or utility regulatory agency is preferred.
· Worked directly with and have an understanding of technical requirements for compliance with NERC Reliability Standards, as they apply to electric system operations and planning, and Critical Infrastructure Protection.
· Excellent organizational skills with the ability to apply them for activities tracking, documentation and project management.
· Ability to prioritize tasks and work efficiently to manage many deadlines.
· Very proficient computer skills using MS Excel, Word and Power Point.
· Proven accuracy, reliability, and completeness in job accomplishment.
· Ability to work independently and follow through on assignments.
· Effective oral and written communication skills.
· Effective interpersonal skills.