Wind Energy Transmission Texas, LLC (WETT) has an immediate opening for a full-time Compliance Manager position. The Compliance Manager reports to the Compliance, Technology & Planning Director and is responsible for WETT compliance with North American Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC) / Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) Standards/Regulations and Electric Reliability Council of Texas (ERCOT) Nodal Protocols and Operations and Planning Guidelines. This position is required to maintain and administer a compliance management system for monitoring and documenting WETT's compliance evidence and procedures. The Compliance Manager is responsible for reviewing, evaluating and reporting WETT's compliance with NERC/FERC and ERCOT regulatory requirements. The duties are based on project/program specific needs identified by the Compliance, Technology, & Planning Director, and include the identification of compliance issues and concerns as well as potential mitigation plans. The position advances the “culture of compliance” throughout the organization.
- Evaluate and maintain a compliance management system for WETT that aligns itself with the compliance program established by the Compliance, Technology & Planning Director and approved by the General Manager.
- Develop and lead the Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP) work plan required to implement WETT's compliance with NERC CIP obligations as they are modified from time to time.
- Maintain expert knowledge and assist in the interpretation of regulations such as NERC Standards and ERCOT Nodal Protocols and Operating Guides that form the basis for the NERC and ERCOT Compliance Programs, as well as stay informed about the utility industry trends and practices.
- Revise standards, procedures, guidelines, and reports to maintain compliance measures that will affect the overall operation of WETT transmission assets.
- Investigate pertinent practices and recordkeeping of the functions within WETT departments. Ensure that these practices are adhering to both the compliance program and the document management system.
- Facilitate the development, management review, and implementation of remedial actions to resolve non-compliance issues and follow up on corrective action plans.
- Participate in investigation of the operational incidents which may lead to reportable events, perform sequence of event review, analysis of recorders and logs to perform root cause analysis to develop recommendations and corrective actions to prevent future occurrences.
- Participate in compliance reviews to assess WETT compliance with FERC/NERC standards and ERCOT Nodal Protocols and Operating Guides.
- Represent WETT at meetings of the Texas Reliability Entity, Inc. (TRE), ERCOT, NERC and Public Utility Commission of Texas (PUCT) and report back to senior management as necessary.
- Assist in determining employee training needs, as well as assist WETT management in development and delivery of training courses.
- Actively apply the WETT safety and emergency preparedness programs while performing work in the office,
- Participate in overall system safety reviews and training as requested, and
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Experience and Qualifications:
- A Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Business or related field and a minimum of 5 years of work experience with a utility, independent system operator, generator, energy-related business, or utility regulatory agency.
- A minimum of 3 years of work related to compliance in the above listed businesses is preferred.
- An understanding of technical requirements for compliance with NERC Reliability Standards, as they apply to electric system operations and planning, and Critical Infrastructure Protection.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to apply them for activities tracking, documentation and project management.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work efficiently to manage many deadlines.
- Very proficient computer skills using MS Excel, Word and Power Point.
- Proven accuracy, reliability, and completeness in job accomplishment.
- Ability to work independently and follow through on assignments.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
Ideal candidate will be a team player with a positive attitude. We offer an excellent benefits package in a challenging and rewarding environment. Please please email resumé with cover letter and salary requirements to email@example.com if you are interested in this position.