Wind Energy Transmission Texas, LLC (WETT) has an immediate opening for a full-time Regulatory Manager position. The Regulatory Manager reports to the Finance Director and is responsible for managing regulatory proceedings including rate cases, Interim Capital Additions (ICA), tariff revisions, Certificates of Convenience and Necessity (CCNs), and other regulatory filings before the Public Utility Commission of Texas (PUCT). This position will coordinate among various departments for the completion of cases at the PUCT or other state agencies as necessary, monitor developments at various regulatory bodies and the Electric Reliability Council of Texas (ERCOT) for potential impacts to the business units, and report relevant activity internally. Assignments are broad and may be complex in nature. This position requires specialized depth and/or breadth of expertise. The manager interprets business issues and recommends best practices.
- Maintains thorough knowledge of applicable regulations, rules and procedures.
- Acts as a primary contact for key regulatory agency staff. Builds relationships with regulatory agencies. Attends open meetings, serves on working groups at regulatory agencies, and engages in peer-level interaction with staff.
- Prepares analysis and documents to support regulatory filings.
- Coordinates the filing of compliance and other reports with appropriate regulatory agencies. Ensures sufficient evidence is available to demonstrate compliance.
- Assists with overall strategy for obtaining CCNs and/or rate recovery, in conjunction with executive management and counsel. Analyzes the economic and strategic impact on the organization as a whole.
- Assists with the development and implementation of strategic plans to process a docketed case from the initiation of action through testimony, discovery, hearing, briefing and a final decision by a regulatory body. Coordinates among management, business, and accounting/finance personnel and counsel.
- Supports efforts during regulatory rate, CCN, ICA and/or STM cases, including:
- Preparing and sponsoring testimony before governmental or regulatory agencies as needed;
- Assisting in preparing testimony of other key witnesses;
- Attending pre-hearing and technical conferences, hearings, and settlement meetings;
- Assisting in the preparation of RFI responses; and
- Managing and overseeing the activities of outside consultants engaged to support regulatory projects.
- Monitors relevant contested cases and rulemakings at relevant agencies, especially the PUCT and ERCOT, including monitoring activity to identify relevant proceedings and reviewing and summarizing key testimony, briefs, statements, and decisions.
Experience and Qualifications
- A Bachelor's degree in business or related field and a minimum of 5 years of work experience with a utility, independent system operator, generator, energy-related business, or utility regulatory agency.
- A minimum of 3 years of work related to regulatory compliance in the above listed businesses is preferred. Working knowledge of PUCT rules and ERCOT protocols preferred. Transmission experience preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to apply them for activities tracking, documentation and project management.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work efficiently to manage multiple deadlines.
- Very proficient computer skills using MS Excel, Word and Power Point.
- Proven accuracy, reliability, and completeness in job accomplishment.
- Ability to work independently and follow through on assignments.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
Please please email resumé with cover letter and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in this position.