At Wind Energy Transmission Texas, we pride ourselves on contributing positively to the communities in which we operate. From a safety and environmental perspective, that means we continually strive to achieve excellence in safety performance and minimize our impact on the environment, while balancing the need for economic growth for the company and these communities. The initiatives we undertake and the investments we make in building our company are guided by our core set of values, which are centered around safe, sustainable development.
Very simply we:
- Commit to the principle that our business decisions will address social issues, including the long term sustainability of Texas communities, taking into account the current and future environmental, safety, health and economic considerations
- Minimize risks to the environment, as well as the safety and health of Texas communities through a proactive management system
- Comply with all applicable legislation, regulations and other practices
- Establish clear objectives and strategies to meet and/or exceed applicable standards
- Communicate openly on a timely basis with employees, the public, government officials, and other stakeholders about activities involving environmental, safety and health issues
- Conduct regular assurance audits and self-evaluations of our management systems, programs and activities