Wind Energy Transmission Texas, LLC (WETT) has an immediate opening for a full-time Supervisory and Control Data Acquisition (SCADA) Analyst. This position reports to the SCADA Lead and is responsible for the overall integrity of SCADA programming and maintaining congruity between the field RTU programming and the master SCADA system. The SCADA Analyst will travel to WETT’s facilities in West Texas occasionally to complete his or her duties but will perform most duties remotely via communication path computer connections from the corporate office. To achieve the more complex assigned tasks, the Protection and Control Engineer will be available to assist where possible. The most successful applicant will have experience with Open Systems International (OSI) Monarch SCADA System and SQL Databases. This is a technical position and will require troubleshooting skills to both hardware and software problems. Precise attention to detail is absolutely required for this position.
- Maintain Open Systems International Inc. (OSI) Monarch SCADA software as necessary.
- Be the first to respond to WETT’s Transmission System Operators when various issues develop including problems with SCADA communications paths and problems with the Monarch SCADA.
- Adhere to NERC CIP standards and compliance regulations.
- Provide subject matter expertise on ICCP, DNP and MODBUS protocols. Experience with other protocols will be favorably considered.
- Utilize SEL RTAC AcSELerator software to download, modify and update RTU databases.
- Coordinate with WETT Engineering to install new relay equipment and ensure that its SCADA components are properly programmed and tested.
- Work with WETT Engineering and IT personnel to troubleshoot TCP/IP communication paths when problems develop.
Major Activities/Key Challenges
- Must be available 24 x 7 to respond to Operations emergencies. This is a rare occurrence, but the candidates need to be aware that it does happen. This requires the SCADA Analyst to live within a 1-hour drive or 50 miles of the Primary Control Center.
- Will serve as a backup on various activities/duties to the SCADA Lead and serve as the primary on respective key responsibilities.
- Must be willing to travel to West Texas facilities occasionally and to both in-state and out-of-state training as needed.
Essential Knowledge & Skills/Education
- A highly developed level of attention to detail and troubleshooting is an absolute must for this position.
- At least one year of experience with Associate’s Degree in applicable field preferred.
- At least three years of experience with High School Diploma.
- Must have good computer, interpersonal skills, and be capable of functioning calmly in emergency situations.
- Results driven and accountable for actions.
- Able to accept responsibility, make appropriate decisions, and prioritize and handle multiple tasks and projects concurrently.
- Must demonstrate strong problem-solving skills and be able think independently and be able to adjust to constantly changing conditions.
Please please email resumé with cover letter and salary requirements to email@example.com if you are interested in this position.