Wind Energy Transmission Texas, LLC (WETT) has an immediate opening for a full-time Technology Manager reporting to the Compliance, Technology & Planning Director to provide management planning and oversight of the information technology support for the company. This position requires working with executive management, peers and vendors of the company. The candidate will be responsible for establishment of information technology strategies, policies, a strategic technology plan and supporting budgets, as well as the development of and participation in a governance process. This position will manage a staff responsible for technical support of the SCADA/EMS, Corporate Networks, basic user support and prevent threats to environments.
The candidate will be responsible for oversight of the following within the scope of their duties: problem resolution; ensuring high network availability; identifying and documenting needed additions and changes; evaluating and applying patches; installing upgrades; and providing timely after hours support when urgent (not shift work). This position is responsible for ensuring compliance with Electric Reliability of Texas (ERCOT) protocols for Transmission Owners/Operators, as well as National Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC) Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP) Standards (as well as the other NERC Reliability Standards as applicable) in collaboration with the Operations, Engineering, and Compliance departments.
- Develop and manage information technology strategies, policies, and governance of technology investments
- Develop and enforce security policies for Corporate and Operations.
- Ensure operations of WETT network and systems by IT staff in accordance with ERCOT Nodal Protocols
- Ensure NERC CIP requirements are met when performing any work.
- Inform upper management with IT systems performance, budget, compliance and new security risks.
- Maintain system and network infrastructure availability and perform preventive maintenance to enhance system availability and stability.
- Provide support of the EMS/SCADA and Corporate Systems.
- Assist with development of and abide by procedures for increasing Cyber Security (NERC and ERCOT compliant), Change Management and other IT processes.
- Participate in related industry forums and training to continuously update knowledge base.
- Monitor industry technology advancement and other entities best practices.
Major Activities/Key Challenges
- Establishment of a Technology Plan, Policies and Procedures.
- Establishment of an IT Governance structure and procedures.
- Perform analysis to ensure system compliance with best practices and security guidelines.
- Plan for growth, capacity utilization.
- Provide investigation, root cause analysis, and problem resolution.
- Monitor and maintain WETT’s telecommunication systems to ensure minimal downtime – the system includes telephone, internal data networks and links to internet ISPs, routers and switches, firewalls and file/web servers.
- Create or improve processes for operations.
Essential Knowledge & Skills/Education
- Understanding of requirements of ERCOT and NERC for technology employed in support of operations.
- Strong Understanding of IP, TCP/IP and other network administration protocols.
- Able to communicate technical issues fluently using English, in verbal and written formats.
- Experience managing technology environments within the electric utility industry.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or Electrical Engineering or related degree in engineering or engineering technology preferred.
- Proficient skill with Microsoft Office.
- Excellent oral, written and presentation communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills working with management, team members, system operators and staff.
- Experience with OSI EMS or knowledge and experience with other SCADA/EMS preferred but not required.
- ERCOT Transmission Nodal Protocols and NERC CIP knowledge and/or experience preferred but not required.
Please please email resumé with cover letter and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in this position.